The 14th Annual Japanese Language Festival (JLfest 2021)
JLFEST FORUM - Rules and Guidelines
By clicking 'sign up' and participating in this forum, you agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Forum. You shall remain solely responsible for the content of your posting and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the organizers of the festival and their agents with respect to any claims arising from your posting.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The language used in this forum shall be Japanese, English, and Malay. You are always reminded to be courteous and considerate in your posting.
You should NOT:
(a) Re-open any discussion thread that been closed by the moderator;
(b) Use any offensive language or sign
(c) Post anything that seditious, defamatory, or hateful in nature
(d) Use the forum for purposes other than the discussion allowed in the forum. This includes any form of religion/political propaganda, soliciting/advertising, or sexual grooming.
Contravening any of the above rules may result in your post being deleted or/and you being removed from the forum. The decision of the moderator is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.
GUIDELINE ON POSTING
1. The channels in the Forum were set up for meaningful and easy-to-follow discussion. Hence, choose the most appropriate channel or discussion thread to post.
2. Before posting your question or responding to any, check if anyone has posted the same earlier, by reading all the postings under that thread;
3. Contribute meaningfully by staying on the topic and do not dominate the discussion or clutter the thread with non-productive responses like ‘Me too’ or ‘Oh I see’.
4. Check if your post is concise, easy to understand, and courteous. Use of ALL CAPS is considered impolite.
5. Focus your discussion on the subject and not the person. Avoid making fun of others as joking at the expense of others is considered bad taste.
6. It is perfectly all right to disagree with others as long as you do it respectfully.
7. If you have nothing to say or add value to the discussion, don’t post.
8. Lastly, read through your posting one more time before you press the button to post.